Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shopping make it all better

I have no great pictures to share. I am a picture person, but this time of the year is more about keeping your head above the water.

Speaking of water, we haven’t had hot water since the weekend. There was a problem with the water heater and we are waiting for a replacement part to come in the mail. It was supposed to come today. I left school early and had the Irishman pick up the kids so we could be here for the neighbor to install it. There was no part. Sigh. We will try again tomorrow!

Auntie June is still in town. We still have no hot water. She has enjoyed shopping and sitting by the pool, but we feel bad that it has not been the most fun of trips. With cold showers.

There is a film crew coming back to my classroom next week. I have not even started to think about what I am going to teach for them to film. We are meeting tomorrow with the producer and the instructional coach. I better start getting something together!

Enough about that though, I started shopping last night in the big sale. Most of what I purchased was clip art. I have big plans for the summer. I’m a little late to the party, but I thought I would link up anyway!


I thought these would be good for all purpose use:

image

I have specific things in mind for these sets:

Summer Fun - Clipart for Teachers and Classrooms

image

Icecream Pile Up! - Ice Cream Graphics / Clipart

The shoes fit in the “I don’t know what yet, but I’m sure I’ll think of something” category. I couldn’t pass them up.

If the Shoe Fits {Creative Clips Digital Clipart}

I broke down and bought the the Hello Fonts - Small Commercial Use License. LOVE it. 

Hello Fonts - Small Commercial Use License (for Teachers)

I’d also been admiring these chalkboard frames.

Chalkboard Doodle Borders Bundle - Set of 24

I bought this one for my husband. The Irishman is Mr. Christmas. I am sure I will have fun coming up with ways to use it!

image

In the non-clip art category, I bought this for Mother’s Day.

Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Shape Book

I printed it as soon as I got to school and we started making it right away. I made patterns for my kids to trace onto construction paper and cut out. I am loving the way they are coming out!

I also picked up this for the end of the year:

Paper Bag Memory Book

I love Hope King’s things. She rocks.

I should grade papers now, but I am tempted to go take one last look at a few of my favorite sellers. You know, just to check. ; )

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some terrific clip art. Can't wait to see what you create!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clip art!! That is basically what I bought yesterday too. Hope you get some hot water soon. I would hate that. What are you being filmed for?
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete