Sunday, March 31, 2013

April Currently

Another month, another currently!

currentlyapril

Listening: What we thought was going to be overnight for observation is going to be a long, slow recovery. I mentioned in my last post that my 19-month old has pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital. He is getting better, but it has been a lot of ups and downs. He was almost admitted to the PICU Saturday evening. I am staying with him in the hospital and am almost getting used to all the noises.

Loving: My little guy has been sleeping a lot, so I have spent a lot of time feeling alone in the hospital room watching my sick boy. Most of our family and many of our friends live far away, so we have been staying connected. We are posting on Facebook, e-mail, and the family blog. This afternoon we talked via Facetime to Ireland, Houston, Montana, and home with Daddy. We also watched streaming cartoons on the iPad to pass the time. Technology is amazing!

Thinking: Even though it has been a pretty crummy few days, I am thinking about the positives. My fantastic husband took our daughter to Easter Sunrise Mass at the beach this morning and sent on beautiful pictures.

A good friend invited our daughter to join them for their family egg hunt and dinner. The Irishman and I were able to relax with this little fella.

photo8

We even got him to sit up and smile during a game of throw-the-empty-eggs-out-of-the-crib-and-watch-Mommy-and-Daddy-chase-them-around-the-room.

I keep looking at pictures to make myself think of the positives!

Wanting: I would love to do something completely frivolous for myself right now. I am not even sure what – just something a little selfish and unnecessary just to do it. (This from the woman who has not had a pedicure in years…)

Advice: My blogging/TpT advise would be to find your community. My husband teases me about this. He will ask, “Is this a real friend or a pretend computer friend?” This was big for me. I have found a group of bloggers I enjoy reading with similar interests. We have helped out in each other’s giveaways and are getting to “know” each other.

~~~~~

My 100-Follower Giveaway ends in just a few minutes! If the little guys naps tomorrow I’ll be back to post the winners then. If not you can expect to see it on Tuesday!

Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! I found you through Farley's Currently.
    Wow you are really going through a lot right now! I'm glad to hear your little man is doing better and I hope he's much better and can go home soon! You SO deserve to do something for yourself and I truly hope you do! Prayers and hugs to you all!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear your son is doing better. You'll be in my prayers. I hope you can squeeze in a pedicure {or even a Starbucks!} for yourself this week.

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO GET A PEDI as soon as your baby is out of the hospital and feeling better, of course! But seriously, you need to do something for you after a stressful time like that. I do hope he's better!

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son was hospitalized at 3 for asthma and I so remember those long hours. I pray your little one recovers quickly so you both can go home and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of your whole family and continuing to pray that life will be back to "normal" soon. Keep strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry your little guy is so sick...that's scary. I will be praying for him and your family. Go get a mani and a pedi....I like the massage chairs ten times more than the pedi...lol. Treat yourself! You deserve it!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny...I've been thinking about you guys. You've been in my prayers. Can we do anything to help you out? Please keep us updated! When do you think you'll get to go home? Keep your chin up girl...everything's going to be ok and we're all here for you if you need anything...just name it!

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across your blog through Farley's linky...you sure are dealing with a lot right now! =( So sorry to hear that your little one is so sick, I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers!
    cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHMYWORD!! I have a little 20 month old and that picture made me just stop in my tracks!! He's so beautiful! Bless you and everything you are going through. Just keep praying and he'll get better soon!!! Stay strong!! Love your blog. I'm your newest follower! :)

    Elizabeth
    Mrs. Hodge and Her Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so, so sorry about your little guy. My kids are grown and I still hate it when they are sick. But it is so much worse when they are babies. Hang in there girl. I am sending you an email about my upcoming 100 follower giveaway. I would love for you to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard when your baby is sick. Sending prayers your way-he is just adorable! I talk about fellow bloggers as friends too! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog, hope your little guy is doing better! Im a new follower!!



    Ms. Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete